movment while sleeping

hey,
it seems like anytime i try and lay down the right baby will kick really hard on my ribs and the on on the lef will push up against my stomach and no matter what position im in they will keep it up until i stand im 7 months along what are some good methods or tricks to get them to fall asleep

Maci.kate

Asked by Maci.kate at 8:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Which ever side the kick, raise the opposite arm and flip over. They will stop and it will kind of shock them a second and maybe cause them to stop long enough for you to sleep. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i'm 30 weeks pregnant with twins so I feel ya. But sadly I don't have any advice for you. In fact, just the opposit. If I don't feel them kick I freak out. lol

As long as I know i'm not hurting them they dont bother me a bit.... un born babies usually fall asleep when you are more active because the rock motion so what you are feeling is totally normal and means your babies are doing well.
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 8:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my twins, Towards the end of it, I could only sleep in a reclining chair, so I wasn't laying flat, this helped me breath better at night, and did cause them to move so much. I slept better there than in a bed. Good luck...

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 8:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• p.s try to avoid anything with sugar before 'you go to sleep ;-)
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 8:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Sorry Imeant it didn't cause them to move much.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 8:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• If I knew the answer to that I would not be working nights;)
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Good luck with that I'm due in 9 weeks with one baby, and he is really active when I lie down to. I try not to eat or drink to much sugary stuff before bed. I also try to switch my position if hes really persistent some times I'll get up then lie back down. I also talk to him and touch where I feel the movement. sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.
    csmomma2010

Answer by csmomma2010 at 2:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2010