WHY IS BLACK COHOSH BAD??

IVE HEARD A LOT OF PEOPLE USED IT TO INDUCE,,I CANT STAND MY BODY....ANYMORE, ,,,I WANT TO SELF INDUCEE...PLEASE DONT TELL ME THAT TO LEAVE THE BBY INSIDE AS MUCH AS I WANT....ITS NONE OF UR BUISNES,,ALL IM ASKING IS IF IT WORKS IM ALMOST DUE ANYWAYS

Miishaa

Asked by Miishaa at 8:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• talk to your dr they can tell which herbs and such are safe also since you are almost due you could tell them how you feel and they might go ahead and induce w/ pitocin it's not unheard of but i know blue and black cohosh are used together but you would have to get the dosage from a dr or mw also castor oil was recomended to me today by a retired mw I'm to scared to try it but I am drinking the h*ll out of some red rasberry leaf tea and walking and all tht alot ! GL I'm no judge it is you and yours
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Wow, selfish much?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I see many problems in your future with that attitude...Sorry, JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• because black cohosh can cause low blood pressure and seizures, which would be really bad during delivery, especially if you do it without the knowledge and/or consent of your doctor.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• We all have been pregnant and we all know how much the end of pregnancy sucks.... But, really.... wait it out... It is really what is best for you and your child. Why don't you talk to your doctor about membrane stripping.... I hear they do it alot for women who are back to be due so they don't go pass their due date.... If you are a first time mom........ It's not uncommon for you to go pass your due date.... Do what is best for you and YOUR CHILD! you don't want to risk yours and the baby's life because you don't like your body and aren't comfy anymore.... Our bodies are made for this and we all can do it... You are almost done!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 8:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Actually only tincture of cohosh should ever be used and only AFTER 40 weeks. There is a high bleeding chance and maternal death with it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I see a Darwin Award in your future with that attitude.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Oh yeah, taking an herb that may or may not put your body into labor before it's ready and the baby is ready is great idea... NOT
    baby will come when baby is ready... and if baby doesn't get here by 41-42 weeks, they'll induce you anyway. And as far as your body goes, it's not like it'll go back to exactly the way it was pre-pregnancy anyway!!
    According to your profile, you are only 38 weeks along, definitely not time to induce yet!!!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Just FYI I went naturally at 37 weeks. . . and I have my whole life used herbs and natural medicines. . . Like I said I would pray you to talk to your Dr. first. There are other ways to induce or speed up labor.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 8:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Kirs, I did as well.... My water broke at 37 weeks 1 day on it's own... Had my son the next day.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 8:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010