Birth Control?

have anyone ever used Implant the one that goes in your arm? I only used the pills and the shot. I want to get the iud but i'm not sure.

ms.keisha17

Asked by ms.keisha17 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• Don't know... Hubby had a vasectomy a couple years ago, so no worries here...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• my friend just tried to get the Mirena, and she couldn't even let them put it in it hurt so bad. so i am sure it is different with everyone, and honestly i have heard some awful stories about it causing some major problems that can result in infertility. so i am not at all curious about it anymore. don't know much about the implant, pretty new.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 8:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I've been on the pill, the shot, and I had the Mirena. Don't like the shot because of side effects, love the pill, and the Mirena almost put me in the hospital on multiple occasions. I think my aunt had the arm implant things when she was in high school and college and she told me that when she had hers removed they asked her if she knew they had recalled them like two years prior to that. I know nothing about them now, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I had my tubes clamped when my last child was born. I couldn't take the pill.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 10:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Nope. I have been on birth control since I was 18 years old. Never tired anything else although temped so many times, but I guess I'm just scared to try something new> I am thinking about doing something permanent because my husband refuses to get a vasectomy.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 1, 2010