Exercise help

I want to lose 30 pounds i started going to the gym today but i dont know what i should do. i go on a machine called cybex or something i cant remember but wen i get o it i get sweating even if im on for 20 mintues. should i do the situps machines and arms too? or just cardio? im also just eating less.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• do it all if you can. do just one kind of exercise limits your body. you should always incorporate cardio with strength training. ask someone at the gym to show you a good routine.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 8:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Lean tissue burns more calories than fat tissue, so resistance training is good for you, too. You may want to hire a personal trainer for one or two sessions to show you what you need to do to achieve your goals.

Answer by Bmat at 8:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I lost 40 lbs going to the gym every day, I do mean every day. I would alternate treadmill and bike for the first 3months, using weight machines 3 times a week. You could do weights daily alternating upper body with lower body every day. I never had seconds at meal time, stopped eating all sweets and only had beer on Friday night (can't do everything all at once). Good luck!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i love the eliptical!! works great for toning and weight loss
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010