Hi- I am 34 weeks pregnant, and today I felt a small gush of fluid. I don't think it was urine - it was clear and smelled sweet. But there was not alot and it hasn't happened since. I don't want to panic - should I call the doctor? Has this happened to anyone out there? Thanx! - Lynne

lynne0624

Asked by lynne0624 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• prob not. if its brown like and thick then that would be your mucas plug and means the babys coming!!
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 5:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• If you are still leaking it could be that your water broke ! Try sitting on the toliet and cough if you feel more fluid coming out then yes your water broke and you need to go to the hospital.
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I would go ahead and call your doctor, just to make sure, My son was born at 34 weeks, you are at risk for infection if it really was your water breaking and an infection is hard on a 34 weeker. Not trying to scare you, but you do need to call your doctor/midwife or just go to your hospital's labor floor, they can do a test to see if it was your water
    Harrisonsmommie

Answer by Harrisonsmommie at 5:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I leaked a small amount of fluid for about a week before I had my daughter and my dr. FREAKED out! It felt the same way. I would get checked out.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 5:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i agree i think you should just go ahead and call your dr better safe then sorry
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• your water broke.call your doctor! good LUCK
    Anonymous

• LOL, i had that almost every day after 6 months when i was preggo with my second, the doctor said it was just my hormones and i was making excess discharge. Though you may want to go to the doc anyways to make sure.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 5:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Go to the labor and delivery at your hospital and the triage nurse will check you and let you know if your water broke.
    ConnersMom1204

Answer by ConnersMom1204 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Call the obgyn on the way to the hospital- that baby is coming!
    Anonymous

• Thank you everyone for your advice! I called the doc and I'm headed to the hospital!!!!!!!!
    lynne0624

Answer by lynne0624 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2008