Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do I.......

Keep shocking things and people today? I can't touch anyone. Because I shock them. I open a door. I shock myself. I turn on the water at the sink. I shock myself. Turn on a light. I shock myself. I picked up my fork to eat dinner. I shocked myself. I pick up my keys and shock myself. I'm affrid to touch anything. I even shocked myself touching my laptop!
Has anyone had that issue before?

Answer Question
 
elly25

Asked by elly25 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 17 (4,072 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • ew girl, you're electric :)
    keisha613

    Answer by keisha613 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • Yeah,all the time! I somehow can pick up a charge on linoleum flooring in Wal mart! Winter is brutal! I can literaaly see a giant spark shoot out of my finger when I touch things!
    butterflyblue19

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • I have the same problem in winter. Every time I touch the car, I cringe because I know I'll be shocked.
    Kiwismommy19

    Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • yeah...something to do with the air
    MommyH2

    Answer by MommyH2 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • No not all the time, but I have had it done occassionally to me.
    MyAngel003

    Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • you just need some lotion.....
    mika0101

    Answer by mika0101 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • I tried putting lotion on and washing my hands. I can't get rid of this charge that I seem to have
    elly25

    Comment by elly25 (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • There's no moisture in the air in your home. You should get a humidifier to help bring moisture back into the air. Dry air conducts electricity, which causes you to shock things as you move over carpets or other surfaces.
    JazzlikeMraz

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • JazzlikeMraz even on a tile floor. You can conduct a current like that with no socks on? Never thought about that.
    elly25

    Comment by elly25 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • Low humidity. Do you live in the desert or just going through a dry spell?
    tiggermom803

    Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN