I was appalled! What would you think? (Bit of a rant)

Today while grocery shopping, I came across a woman in a motorized wheel chair. Luckily, one of the employees of the store was nice to enough to shop with her, get things she couldnt reach and such. Out of no where she just started yelling at the employee for picking up the wrong item, he corrected his mistake, but she continued yelling and complaining! I thought it was extremely rude, If i were that employee, I would just walk away and stop helping her... Gesh, people these days.

Morgs7531642

Asked by Morgs7531642 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would have walked away. It was really rude. He was trying to be helpful. She could have kindly told him that he got the wrong thing & asked nicely for him to put it back.

I hate when people do that. I always try to help those in a wheel chair, or older reach what they need. Ive never been screamed at thank god. ALthough one woman kept calling me an angel bc I stood up on the bottom shelf to get her cake mixes. Man she needed like 14 cake mixes... lol & three cans of frosting....... still can't figure that one out.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Wow I know that guy felt bad!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Entitlement = she feels like she DESERVES this help and doesnt see that he is going out of his way to help her when it is not his "real" job.

I think this is the root of most problems in America these days, especially with younger people.

Feel sorry for that guy :(
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• That woman sounds really rude! I am not sure if I could have kept my mouth shut if I was the employee.
    pegleg63

Answer by pegleg63 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Well...she could've had like...dementia or something...
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• In retail you have the right to stop helping a customer if they become irrate or offend you with vulger langauge. If I were that employee I would first ask her to calm down and apologize for picking up the wrong item. If she continues I would tell her that if she doesn't calm down I would have to get a manager involved.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I can definetly feel for the guy. Hopefully he has learned not to take it personally. I wouldn't and haven't kept my mouth shut.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• W o W. Hopefully she wasn't just an evil person - maybe she has some type of mental issue. Teaches that poor guy to help out an old lady!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Maybe that's why she's in the chair. She yelled at someone and they decked her!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I was barely able to keep my mouth shut as an onlooker!
    Morgs7531642

Comment by Morgs7531642 (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010