How to help a spoiled dog adjust to a new baby?

I am 29 weeks pregnant and I have a very very very spoiled dog (who is almost 5 years old). He is very much so a mommas boy, and I am scared he will not take well to the baby, become jealous, and act out. He has been spending alot of time with his daddy and I hope that will help a little but does anyone have any advice to cure puppy sadness, I definitly dont want him to not like the new little girl in his life, or become so jealous that it will turn into hostility. HELP!

maddisonsmom11

Asked by maddisonsmom11 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pets

• I dont have a dog but I have two cats. They are both very needy. One we call our "big baby". I was worried about how they would react when the baby would come but I made it so that I put aside some time everyday where I would play around/cuddle them while my hubby watched the baby or vice versa. It seemed to help them transition well. They are still getting used to baby especially now that she is trying to interact with them but I just try to keep her away from them when they are sleeping or eating and I'm working on getting her to pet nicely (instead of pinching them). Every animal is different but I guess just try to make time for them and it should be ok.
    autumnstar68

Answer by autumnstar68 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Check out the Dog Whisperer on National Geographic. Friday nights at 8 (7 central) I think. We have been raising our dog with his teachings. I have a 9-month-old and a 2-year-old and we had no issues bringing our youngest into our pack. He is extremely gentle with both of them and respectful. You really have to check out Cesar Millan (the Dog Whisperer).
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have seen shows like that! I should definitely watch it! Thanks for the answers, ladies!!!
    maddisonsmom11

Comment by maddisonsmom11 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010