Another question for moms in school: Do you have to read anything besides textbooks for your classes this year?

All I have to read is "1984" by George Orwell, but I'm having issues trying to find a copy :( I'm looking online, but so far I've only found one or two that were less than $10. I knew I should have bought it in high school lol.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in

• Yes, I have to read several child psychology books and some "real life" accounts of abuse and neglect.
    StructuredChaos

Answer by StructuredChaos at 9:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Try the Library. We read it in High school and I remember getting it at our local Library. But to answer your question... Nope, just textbooks.
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Borders books has a section for required reading and classics at a discount price. You can also check a used book store.
    StructuredChaos

Answer by StructuredChaos at 9:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have a lit class this semesters called "Bad Mothers" and about 7 books for it. One is a grammar and writing text, and the other 6 are all plays, novellas, etc. about stereotypically bad mothers (each in a different way).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Only articles and journals. Oh and the DSM IV-TR. A HUGE book of all disorders or diseases that are used when diagnosing someone with a mental disorder. It is actually interesting.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Just articles and watching movies. So aside from the text no actual other books. I am glad you were able to find a copy. $4 is a great deal. Good luck to you in your course.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I want to own a copy, and it's already been checked out from the college and the local public library anyway. I've wanted to read that book for about 10 years, but I never bought a copy lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Our used book store was my first option (after the libraries), but it's tiny and mostly only sells romance novels. The selection of classic literature and all that, did contain Little Women and Huckleberry Finn until I bought them. That was it. I hate living in the middle of nowhere :( I found a copy on ebay, though, for about $4 after shipping, and it's on it's way. Yay lol :)
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I have always read what is required beyond the classroom. I like self-educating as well.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010