Period is a day late and I tested five days before, should I test again soon??

well, I am about a day late on my period and I am so anxious. I took a test five days before and it was negative. I don't know if it has to do with the brand I got. From the dollar store lol. Any who I am a day late and still waiting and really on the edge of my seat.

caleb2008

Asked by caleb2008 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i took a test a week before my period with this baby and it came out negative and tested again day after and it was posative, so i would say test again...
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 9:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• wait a day or 2 and test again
    GiannisMomma

Answer by GiannisMomma at 9:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• the day of your missed period should be enough to get a positive result if you are. I think you tested too early, try again!
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 10:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• thank you all for the response
    caleb2008

Comment by caleb2008 (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• definitely definitely take another test soon! =) The chances of getting an accurate result 5 days before your missed period even with one of the early pregnancy tests is only like 40%. So there are many many cases of false negatives. So go out and get yourself another test! =) Good luck!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yes test again..

your hormone level isn't that high a few days before which is why they say to wait until you missed your period because it's around the time your levels are higher.. (also depends on when you ovulated, but on average this is why).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would test again soon. Definitely use your first morning pee, because that has the highest hormone levels.

The brand of pregnancy test doesn't actually matter. I have been told by several OBs that they use the same "dollar store" brand at the doctor's office.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:30 AM on Sep. 1, 2010