What is the freakiest thing that happened to you?

Chillen out in a room with no one home, the door handle has moved. I heard footsteps when no one is awake and no one it there... Dreaming about something and a few years later it was the exact way it happened in my dream... and doors sometimes open for no reason in my house, but im always alone or the only one awake.. Call me crazy, but its all too friggen weird! your take and your experiences.

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 9:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As far as realistic things go:

one halloween night I was sick and SO took DD to his mom's to show off her costume. About 2 minutes after they left I heard someone come into the apartment. I thought they forgot something, but when I said "hello?" I heard someone scrambling out the house.. so I took off and saw some kid high tailing it down our apartment steps.. (someone who'd tried to break in).

Or when once SO was in FL visiting his brother in the hospital for the week, I was home alone.. asleep, and heard someone come up the stairs. I openned my eyes and just saw the outline of someone standing in my bedroom doorway.. Obviously I screamed.. then heard someone say something.. turns out it was my neighbor (good friend of ours).. wanted to warn me that I'd left my keys in the door (guess that explains why I couldnt figure out how he got in because I remembered locking it, lol).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i had a dream that my best friend, then manager was pregnant and she came into work the next day and said she had good news and i told her i already knew. lol
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• ghosts..ghosties, ghostette...are ghost politically correct? I wonder if ghosts are told not to scare us...like they have rules something....cause I would love a ghosty friend, but I would be freaked beyond belief if I saw a door handle move on its own~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I've had that happen to me before. A few months ago. I had something odd happen to me. My MIL wasn't living here yet and my husband was gone for a week. My daughter was asleep in her pack n' play by my bed. My son was asleep on the air matrice on the floor by my bed. The doors were locked and windows shut. I was having some issues sleeping. I hear the front door open and close. I hear someone walking in what sounded like boots. They go down the hall way into my daughter's room and I hear something dragging. I was freaked out. I get up enough nerve to get out of bed and I was going to beat the snot out of someone. No one was there. Everything was how I left it. The next morning I went in her room again to further investgate it and her walker that she didn't touch was moved all the was across the room in her closet. No one has been in there to move it.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have never experienced a ghost in this way. That is freaky and would scare the shit out of me, no doubt. Freakiest thing that ever happened to me?? I have had unexplained things happen but not freak me out....so IDK. This one time I went to the bar with my bro. Then he walked home and my SIL and I went, they had my nephew so he and I had a beer first then she and I went. I literally had 3 beers and 2 shot and well....left to go smoke with someone I knew and some "passer through town" guy. Weird thing was this, I had drove passed the passer through guy earlier that day, he was walking along the road, apparently his 18wheeler was parked at this facotry. Anyways, I noticed him cause he had orange shirt on, and it's a small area, so later on her is this dude at the tiny bar. Well suddenly I felt weird, no weird I had ever felt in all my drug doing days of college. My SIL went home when I went out to smoke.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• ....well I called my bro and said I was coming to his house and to wait outside for me, not to just unlock the door but wait outside and make sure I get in his house alright. He was like, what's wrong?? I said IDK but I am headed there now. So I make it there, all weird physically feeling and within a minute of making it in the livingroom I just fall over. I could hear everything going on and somewhat talk but couldn't move. My bro and SIL asked if we should call my parents and get me to a hospital to which we all said no they would just pump my stomach. They carried me upstairs to try to get me to puke and I literally was paralyzed. I then passed out to wake 3 hours later with a migrain and heavy feeling. No doubt I was drugged with ruffies. My bro had went back to the bar to beat the dude up, luckily he was long gone, cause no telling what could have happened. But I have nightmares about it and know what could have happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• ..... I truely believe I was being protected from someone on the other side. I could have been murdered, that's how we all see it. Luckily there was a unseen force protecting me from that evil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Oh my
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I believe spirits linger after passing, but they manage to stay clear of me. I don't think about it, but if I was in a house where things are moving, or footsteps, I would simply ignore it. Why allow something that no longer exists scare you? I watch Ghost Hunters and Fact or Fiction, but I guess if you sit there and try to focus on supernatural things, your mind will start to play tricks on you. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in Ghosts because when I was little we lived in this huge scary three story house, and I would see white things fly down the hall quickly, but I was a kid then and no one listened to me. Now I don't even worry about that stuff.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Why allow something that no longer existrs scare you?

Because they still exist. It would scare me if I was living with that kind of stuff on a normal basis....I would be learning how to communicate at it and help it cross over. That's for sure.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2010