For those who believe in extraterrestrial life AND God(s)...

IF you believe in extraterrestrial life, do you think they have the same or different God(s) that we do here on earth?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You know what! I have considered this before. I believe in God and that Jesus Christ is the Savior for mankind, but I've wondered if God has like "brother/sister" beings that have their own little galaxies... Hehe. Just things go ponder, but when it comes down to it, the only thing that matters for us is the God of our universe. :)
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Never thought about that. Good question.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I basically have come to the conclusion, or opinion I guess, that we are from some alien form. And the God or Gods we worship are some sort of alien form. I mean, Jesus himself said he is not of this realm....that can be taken many ways. He literally could have been an alien, because after all, the word alien just means not of this world/planet. I could go on and on, but in a nut shell this is a strong possibility to me. And I consider myself to be a "christian", I just also agree with so many other religions and their philosophies.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't think any life capable of time and space travel would still believe in in gods(s).

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yeah butterflyblue, I never thought of it that way. But that is a huge thought to ponder. They may believe in Higher Powers, but what that means may not be what we believve it to be.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Not really. My belief on this is that the life that is on other planets comes from the same source we did. And, I feel that we have/can live lives on other planets. Not sure why I feel this way though. Maybe because I think the Gods I believe in created everything?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No idea. I would imagine that they have a variety of beliefs like we do...if any at all.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I've often wondered about that. I used to joke with my Dad that if I ever met an alien from another planet I would ask them what they believed because I'm curious about it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:13 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

•  I'm sure there are differences but there is a high probability that they have some belief systems that include a different spiritual dimension.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think when aliens are finally irrefutably confirmed its going to throw our current day religions into a state of flux. I personally do feel there's life out there, the universe is just too vast for there not to be something. If we're the only ones then we seriously got jipped on real estate.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2010