My 7 year old has a permanent tooth coming in behind his baby teeth. How can this be fixed?

Notjustmama

Asked by Notjustmama at 9:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• You usually wait till the baby tooth comes out- I work with kids and see it all the time, it's actually pretty common
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You can take him to get the baby tooth pulled. So the adult tooth can come in right.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It is pretty common. My 7 year old is still losing teeth.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• a dentist will pull the baby teeth to make room for the adult teeth.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Is the baby tooth very loose or not at all? If it is very loose then I would push him to keep wiggling it to make it looser....usually the big tooth pushes it out of the way..but not always ( I know this from my experience)

If it is still very tight I might call the dentist...sometimes they want to pull a tooth like that b/c it can make the permanent tooth come in very loose.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My nephew had the same problem and his baby tooth came out. So we have too wait and see what happens. Or maybe you can take him to the dentist.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• If it doesn't become loose he will need to have it pulled out. My teeth never became loose as a child. Every baby tooth was pulled out by my dentist because my adult teeth were coming in SO crooked! I still remember having 6 teeth pulled one time. Call the dentist for sure if the adult tooth is mostly in and the baby tooth isn't loose. My teeth straightened out and I had no need for braces!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Pull the baby tooth right on outta there.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My daughter had this. Tell him to wiggle his baby tooth. My daughter just wiggled it a lot and finally got it out after about a week I think.
    mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010