new names lol

so our boy name was changed - yea i am the sasha girl. boy name is my so's choice and my final decision and the girl is my choice and his final decision.. or well Say anyways

so New name for boy
Cullen - tell me how common this is? how many have you known? And help me with middle names please?!?!
and then the girl name is still Saya - pronounced like sigh-uh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njq3c1wkJ18&feature=related - is a video where they pronounce the name - they also have Kai which is my first childs name :D

thank guys!

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 9:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Baby Names

• Cullen isn't real popular as far as I've heard, but you know you're gonna catch crap from everyone because of Twilight

you'll have a problem with the pronunciation of Saya though. You'll always be correcting people I would read that as Say-uh because that's how it's spelled. The pronunciation issue is kind of obvious if it has a youtube video to say it right
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Oh, man. DarkFaery is right on. I bet Bella, Cullen, Edward, Jacob, all those Twilight names are going to be super duper popular- If not now then in the next 5 years when the Twilight culture hits puberty and starts getting pregnant. :)

She's also right about Saya... When I read it, I have to admit that in my head I thought "Say-uh".
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I grew up with a Cullen, and a dear friend of mine has an 11-month-old Cullen. Those are the only 2 I can think of off my head. One syllable for the middle name would sound nice. Cullen Scott, Cullen Ray, Cullen James
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I know a guy named Cullen, but I remember when I met him I thought it was very unusual. But I agree with the other moms about all the Twilight stuff... And for Saya, I knew it was pronounced sigh-uh, but Im sure a lot of people will say say-uh
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• hahaha...im not a twlight fan so i had no idea...lol..i do like the name cullen tho..and saya is beautiful, i read it the way you said it should be :) ppl name their girls maya..and they dont pronouce its may-ah..so..i dont think it would be to hard for ppl..lol..i grew up with a name that ppl mess up CONSTANTLY!! its always "what?" and then they still mess it up.. (Anna-Lisa) ya get used to it..lol..however, thats why with my daughters name i tried to give her a "normal" name.. (alexis)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• oh i know! my so is already catching crap about twilight and I refuse to watch that movie so its funny lolol Oh well... and yea saya is going to be a hard one. But i think of my name which is Moria - i have been everything but my name since i started school... So i dont see a problem with the name mispronunciation ... my so is Jon too which is so common he refuses to allow our children to be named anything common.

thank you both of you guys!

yea and my name Is Mor-i-uh - you think that would be simple right? lol :|
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• lol to the twilight stuff :P
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• cullen will be very popular because of twilight.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My cousin has a son named Kullen. He is in 2nd grade. He was named before Twilight came out. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:02 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I don't know anyone named Cullen, so it must not be too popular. But just like another lady said, you will get crap about it because of Twilight. lol.

I like Saya, but so many people are going to mispronounce it and that would drive me crazy! They're both pretty names though. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2010