I'm a DV survivor...but am I running out of options?

I was verbally, emotionally and physically abused by my alcoholic-husband. I left and sought shelter for my son and I. SafeHorizon has been great. They've taken good care of my family and I. I was a SAHM, but I am not on public assistance nor do I qualify; I receive child support for son. My time is up here and they're moving me to a tier 2, family shelter, but I believe without public assistance I won't be able to stay; I'll be homeless. I don't know what to do...are there any other options. I just had a baby as I was pregnant when I left my husband, so I don't want to rush and get a job just yet. Maybe by March 09. Can anyone offer me advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• pray.
    Stay at home with your babies and enjoy the time every moment.
    Go try to get money help from gov. as well as shealter and everything elce. I don't know why you would not qualify
    Good luck
    SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i don't undestand why you wouldn't qualify for public assistance. you're a single mother with 2 children. it's that or a job i'm sorry to say. unless you have family you can live with for a few months.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• go to dhs and apply for section 8 houseing and do it now it takes a little while but i have known a few people who do it and they would be on the streets if it wasnt for it
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• well if you can't get assistance then you have no other option then to go get i job. i'm sure that you would qualify for day care assistance. i had to for many yrs to raise my two boys. their father wasn't working and never paid his child support. even robbed christmas money from us. he abandoned me 8 months pregnant with a new apartment and car etc. bite the bullet and do what you have too. it's better then being with him and you make sacrifices for your childrens sake. yeah it sucks. but being homeless will suck even more.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Oh mama, I really have no advice other than what the other mamas suggested - I am am so sorry you are going through this but am proud of you - you got out. I was in a similar situation with my Father and I was one of the lucky ones. HUGS, Tara
    ashwinsmommy

Answer by ashwinsmommy at 6:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2008