if u married ur high school sweet heart

How do you go back to the relationship you use to have? You know diners, drive-ins, mini-golf, sex in the back seat etc.... the fun stuff after you been married a few years and have a baby

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• we find time I guess... its hard but we still close I mean i had a baby in HS so it wasnt that hard to juggle with my husband sinc eim use to it he isnt this is his first (my first passed away) but you just find a babysitter and just go for it idk...
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yeah, I don't know how to do that. I think that, but really, I don't WANT to have sex in the back seat anymore LOL. But I know what you mean, all the fun stuff and how you laughed all the time. We have been married for 15 years and together for 19 (since I was 16) and we have a great relationship, but it's not the same 'exciting' way it was before we had kids.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You have to decide to make that spark last. You have to take time out and make each other a priority. We don't get to "go out" as much as we did back then but we still have sex in fun places and do things that make us feel young and in love.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think you grow up out of that phase....not saying you dont have fun....but it just changes over time and thats ok.

My dh and I started dating our Jr. year we will be married 11 years in a few more months :) 2 kids, one on the way :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Let me know when you find out!           My husband is always reminiscing about when we were first together.

mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think most relationships start out that way, regardless of age. Most new couples are all over each other, and it's new and exciting. The "new" part wears off in any long term relationship. That's not a bad thing, really. We just become more comfortable with each other as the years go on. When you've been together a long time and have kids, there are always new adventures waiting. In a lot of ways, our lives are more exciting now than they were back then. I don't think it's a bad thing to realize you're not kids anymore and find new adventures instead of trying to relive the days of the first days of a new relationship. Of course, it doesn't hurt to get some time away, either. Monday is our 13th wedding anniversary, and we're staying the night at a nice resort here in town. :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• get a baby sistter and go. but you can't bring back the past... things were different then in many ways - you were both still forming as people maybe instead of trying to get back to a place you can't because that place involves time travel, focus on who you are now together as a couple and the fun you can have as a couple and a family - the things you have now that you looked forward to back then. i'm guessing you dreamed about having a family together. be where you are... every phase has its fun. back in the day i couldn't imagine anything more fun than getting my hair done by my girls and going out dancing all night long. now what i love best is geting to sleep early and knowing the man i love will come cuddle with me whether or not i'm asleep and when i wake up he will be here. and pretty soon our baby will be waking us up in the middle of the night. i will be stressed and have no time for me and it will be beautiful
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You have to make the arrangements for someone to babysit your baby and then go out on a date. It is vital to a relationship to continue to date and do those things you did when you fell in love. Use your imagination and be romantic.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 12:02 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It's even fun sneaking it...lol we put on a movie for my son, and we go in the bathroom...it's exciting bcuz u trying to keep quiet when it's almost impossible!!! so u have to make it work!!! Even try buying a sex game to play.. after u put the kids to bed...
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 4:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Get a sitter like some suggested and just go do the things you two use to do!
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 9:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2010