Do you think moms hand out too much personal information on this site? What do you think is "too much" and what is ok info?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 10:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think it depends on your individual comfort level. I would never give out my #, address, place of work.....in a public forum like this one, but in my private group, we all have each others info and we send cards out and call and chat.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Any identifiable information, like where you live, when husband works, cell numbers, openly posting email addresses, etc... Anything that can easily be traced right back to you is too much. Other than that, I am cool with most anything Moms post. GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 10:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Nope. I still don't know much about anyone on here and I am on here all day everyday.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Not really. I think it's really only TMI if they were to give out things like phone number, full name, address, etc. Otherwise, it's up to the poster to determine what they think is too much to share, and for the readers to decide what's too much for them to read.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have only seen someone give too much info. when they were in a Desperate Situation or maybe just a Troll- Like i have seen a few that have asked for Help with paying something & give their phone# & address- That is Too Much info-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I just saw someone tell their name and the school they attended, city too....I just thought that was a bit too much....it was on someones public profile I saw.
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• wrong post aliishott2....lol lol lol lol lol
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Each mom has her own comfort level. And reasons for, or not, sharing as much info as they want/choose to.

I think each mom should conduct themselves/share whatever, in the manner in which they are comfortable.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes, too much are the questions sexual in nature, but I just don't answer those.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2010