I am 3 Months now should I color my hair?

I go to beauty school and i get so many mixxed answers. Some say yes, some say it depends on you(what ever that means) Some said once you hit your 2nd trimester and some said no not at all. But If I do it just once every 3 months what do you think?

BkMommy2be

Asked by BkMommy2be at 10:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The question isn't that it is dangerous or something to dye your hair. The problem is that your hair changes during pregnancy and sometimes - well lets just say - you may get results you weren't anticipating :-)

So every 3months is fine. I recommend waiting until about 12 weeks, once the morning sickness is gone.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I agree... why take the risk. No doctor can tell you it is 100% safe. It is only a few months, just wait it out. Everyone has to weigh the risks during pregnancy with medications and interventions and such, but something like dying your hair is purely an aesthetic thing. Will you die or be in great pain if you don't dye your hair... no. So for me that it is not worth the risk of it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am planning on leaving mine alone during my whole pregnancy. My hair color is just not worth any risk to my baby. Even if its minimal or if Dr's are unsure if it causes any issues or not, just not even gonna bother with it till after she is born :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• if youd feel better foiling it bc the nothing touches the skin or scalp but fair warning pregnancy changes chemicals in you body and everytime id dye preg, it would be blotchy and not take in certain places lol and once it turned green which never happened before w a dye i always used
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i did. just make sure you are in a well ventilated area
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would say skip it. First for your baby - not worth the risk, but also if the dye is uneven, people might think you don't know what you're doing & not want you dying their hair.
    Joy R.

Answer by Joy R. at 10:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• the dangers of hair coloring while pregnant is the ammonia..

(hence why doctors comment about changing cat litter and such)

so try an ammonia free product.. like maybe a demi.. if you are worried..

however the amount of ammonia in hair color is so little it's not really risky. If you are overly concerned don't apply directly to the root area, and cover your mouth with a surgical mask or a rag.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• "it's 100% safe!!! i dyed my hair all nine months and my daughter is perfect "

don't say it's 100% safe when that's not true. There isn't enough studies on the issue, but I can honestly say it's not 100% safe.. I'm a stylist, and colored my hair while pregnant, but I"m not ignorant to assume it's 100% safe when I know it's not.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• op if you are just recoloring highlights.. you can foil them in, so you don't have to worry so much about the skin contact...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Why not? Does not get into blood stream.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 10:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010