and she did this BECAUSE...?

Dd turned 18 yesterday. She went out with her friends and came back with her ears pierced. No big deal till I find out that she went to a tatoo parlor, he used a straight needle and not a gun. Do you know how many years I spent offering to take her to the mall to get her ears pierced? Age 18 is going to be very interesting Im thinking ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• when i was 18 I came home with my belly button pierced...when I was 19 I came home with my nose pierced...I took them out as soon as my mom lost interest in yelling at me about it...idk why i did that...i am thinking i'll get paid back one day
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• if u go to a piercing place they will use a needle. as long as the needle was sterilized its not a big deal
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• if you have your ears pierced professionally they use a needle. no real piercing artist uses a gun and the best place to get it done is a tattoo parlor cause they are osha certified. the mall is the last place you want your ears pierced
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• while a needle is more painful.. as long as it's sterilized it can be safer than a gun. See with a gun, the earring are sterilized, the gun isn't..

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• ...kids have to "steal the key" and not have it offered by the parent...the key to freedom, self destiny~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I hope your time with your 18 year old was easier than mine. Good luck!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 10:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My bet is I bet they went into the tattoo parlor just to check it out since they were of age. Then spur of the moment got the ears peirced.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• at least it wasn't a tattoo lol. or maybe she does have one..and just didn't tell you lol...she wasn't interested in having them pierced before, maybe she was out with her friends, they either was just checking the place out, she wanted a tat and chickened out, or she saw a cute guy in there and to have an excuse to go in there decided to get her ears pierced. lol could be a number of reasons. or she just wanted to do it all on her own.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• She did because she could. She wanted to do it to be independent possibly
    soccerfanatic13

Answer by soccerfanatic13 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• perhaps your DD knows more about piercing safety than you realize...
    or one of her friends wanted a tattoo and she got her ears pierced while waiting..

either way, I wouldn't complain, what she did (again, so long as they are a reputable tattoo parlor and not a basement parlor) was actually smarter than going to a mall and having some kid who doesn't care about possible dangers with blood borne pathogens, flip an uncleaned gun onto your daughters ears in hopes that nothing of the gun comes in contact with her newly pierced holes.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010