How do I keep my 2 month old from catching strep throat? I am his primary caregiver...

I have 4 kids and I belive 1 already has it. I am taking him to the dr in the am but I have no insurance and cant go get antibiotics for myself. Maybe his dr can help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• My oldest had strep throat before, my littlest one never got it. Be very proactive and wash, wash wash hands!, Make everone wash hands, wipe down things people have touched, viruses can spread through contact. Kid coughs in hand, that hand touches the door knob, next person touches door knob, then touches baby's hand, baby puts hand in mouth. That is one example of a virus transfering hosts. The best way is Wash Your Hands!!

zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 10:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You can go to the local health department and ask for a throat culture. Our charges $15 and if you do not have a doctor, they will have a doctor call in a prescription for you. Likely your baby won't get it, especially if you are breastfeeding.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2010