more to my last question...

ok now i have brought it up with her aunts (they help in raising her) her grandmother, and her dad feels like since he hasnt been involved too much he doesnt have much say so. I feel like its never too late to get involved! But anyway her aunts discipline her, I have told her I don't appreciate her comments or her attitude, but nothing seems to work. She tells me she doesn't hate its just hard because she wants her parents. Her parents are not together because of reasons that shouldnt be explained to her yet. I feel like since she can't go to her aunts or her mom, I feel like she opens to me but yet at the same time she hates me. I just realized I won't speak to her unless she speaks to me. Im done trying. This year I went out and got a tattoo of my kids initials and I included her initial because I felt bad because I didnt want her to feel left out. She at times calls me mom, so this is very confusing and frustrating!! help!!

Ericad87

Asked by Ericad87 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• hmmm, well I went back and read your prev. question. She is confused, and because she wants her family back the way she had she lashes out on the new person in her life. AKA YOU. I would sit down with and tell her that you dont want to replace her mom, that you want to be there for her and be her friend.
    You DH needs to step in and show her that he cares about you and will not tolerate disrespect.
    Just remember she is 11, and while yes she should not be allowed to behave this way, she has hormones and other things working against her.
    Good LUCK
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 5:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010