Are you a rule breaker?

I try to always follow the rules especially when I know my kids are watching. But I have noticed a lot of parents at my kids school pay little or no attention to rules. I can't help but think this is why these kids come to school acting out. Everyday the same parents drive by the 30 or so cars in the pickup line to get ahead of all the other people who have waited 30min or more. The same parents send candy to school even after we have seen letters about not sending any to school. The same kids keep coming in breaking dress code and have to go home. This is just crazy to me. If you don't care do you really expect your child to?

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 10:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm generally not a rule breaker, and it does annoy me when other parents pull crap like that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'm a rule follower myself ;)
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Amen. Drives me crazy! Especially when kids are just learning how things work. (Mine's in 2nd grade.)
    Joy R.

Answer by Joy R. at 10:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Nope, not a rule breaker... Children need to learn to live by them, because one day they will be in the real world and have to live by them... I really don't want to visit them in prison for breaking bigger rules...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am very much a rule follower. I always have been. My 6 year old dd is too. She can't stand to see someone break a rule.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Mine is in first I cant even believe there are parents who would let the kids break dress code! Friday a mom brought her kid to school early and walked him to his classroom and left him. There is a special room for the kids to go until all the teachers are there. This kid DESTROYED the classroom. Why would you ever leave a first grader in a classroom alone?
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• treynlisa - I COULD leave MY child, but being the rule follower that she is.... .she would go sit in her desk or figure out where she is supposed to go. I wouldn't do it intentionally though.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am a rule follower. When my ds went to school(I home school now), to walk him to class we had to sign in and get a pass. The table was unmonitored. It annoyed me when I saw the parents just walk in without doing either. Or park in the no parking to run their kids in! Ugh, it truly annoyed me.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am a rule follower too. My kids turned out well...they are also rule followers and have their own kids who follow rules too!!! The teachers really appreciate that!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My kids are grown but, YES- i followed the rules & it tripped me out that So Many parents didn't give the rules a second thought; they did exactly what they wanted & most of their kids did too!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:16 AM on Sep. 1, 2010