I have to ask this about pregnancy tests lol

My bff wanted me to ask you ladies about this just to make sure that we were right about tests. She just got back on the shot after being on the pill for a few months, and she still hasn't gotten her period. It's been about 2 months, and though she is sexually active (well, sometimes because her boyfriend lives about an hour away from her), we figure it's just the change in birth control messing with her period, especially since she took a couple of tests that were negative.

Now for the question: Is it possible for it to take more than a month or two after your last period to get a positive test? We both agree that it usually shows up sooner.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have never taken any form of birth control myself, but I've heard from friends that the shot messes with their cycles and causing no period. It's also possible not to test positive a month or two after your last period. Unless you know when you ovulate, it can be late. When I was trying to get pregnant with my son I ovulated about the same time I expected to get my period, so I tested negative while I was still a few weeks late.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 10:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It's possible. With my second child I tested negative for two months before finally getting a positive. But when I had an ultrasound I wasn't as far along as we thought and apparently had gotten pregnant at some point between tests.
    KelliW29

Answer by KelliW29 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• it usually shows up within the first month.. but it can take up to 4 or may not show up in a pee test.. (my cousin had her 3rd baby, but didn't find out until she was 4 months because it didn't show on her pee test).

Blood test is the best test to get for these situations.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010