pregnancy with iud??????

so i have had my IUD for 5 years in oct for the past couple of weeks i have been feeling very nauseaed, hungry, tired, and mood swings, and i have benn feeling little movement in my tummy and today i could feel it even more. can i be preggo or is it just the iud i have taken 2 pt test and both was not preggo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The Mirena is only good for five years. You could be pregnant because the hormones have worn out. Call your doctor and get an exam. Ask for an ultrasound.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Which iud do you have? copper or hormonal mirena?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• mirena
    jessicasumner20

Answer by jessicasumner20 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Every1 is different I've had it for 3years and nothing...
    U should just get a pregnancy test...remember u do feel changes after mirena has been taken off...g2 their web page
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It is possible but rare. About 8 in 1000 women will get pregnant in the 5yrs they have the IUD. You need to see your OB/GYN and have a serum HCG quant done. this is much more sensitive than the pee test.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 10:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My thought is that if you were far enough along to be feeling nauseous and movements you should have enough HCG to show up on a pregnancy test. If I were you I would for sure go get a blood test and speak with your OB about your concerns.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 11:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010