I live in NJ and I want to become a foster parent along with my husband. I was wondering what kind of background check is preformed and how far back does it go?

alysialusmar

Asked by alysialusmar at 10:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Adoption

• Contact your local Family Services agency. They should have a Foster care dept that will answer your questions as well as send you information on getting started.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Seriously....why do you think we would know the ins and outs of the NJ Foster Care system? This varies from state to state.

GOOGLE IT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It varies a ton state to state, not to mention often a lot from county to county.
    yo_ho

Answer by yo_ho at 4:00 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Google your local office. Not everyone on CM is from your area. In this case, we do NOT know the answers. Everyone will tell you to Google it or look in your phone book.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010