Help please my 2 yr old son. adult content

My 2 year old son has these white skin color looking bumps on his penis..idk what they are but they look not normal and when i try to touch it or look closer he says ow ow and doesnt let me..what could they be i just noticed one last week and was hopeing they would go away no it looks like he got another one....any help at all would help me advice anything please??? he is going to the dr on fri thats when the dr comes back from out of town...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe a yeast infection or a reaction to his diaper?

I am assuming that you and DH are both STD free.......
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would take him in, whether or not the doctor is back or not. Most pediatritians have a group and kids are able to see another provider in the office. If my child was in pain I wouldn't wait. That area is sensitive and you don't want an infection because of urine or stool. Good Luck I hope you DS feels better.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 10:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I thought possible yeast too
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 10:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It sounds like that you should take him to the Doctor. It sounds like either a yeast infection or a reaction to his diaper.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yea i agree when i was little my mother call in and asked to get any doctor available - i do the same. if he says ow you shouldnt leave that till friday even though its only two days away....
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• If he is uncrcumsized, it is most likely these little pearl looking things that are normal and natural that come out. If the skin isn't being pulled back far enough and cleaned well then they become very painful and can lead to infection and will require a dr rx. Make sure he is being thoroughly cleansed after every urination.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 10:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Looks like other parents here had the same problem. It's good that you will see the doctor soon. Poor little guy. =[

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You can call into the doctors office, explain what is happening, and they will be able to tell you if you should take him in right away
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 9:01 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• or if you are using the cool alert pull ups he could be allergic my nephew broke out when he used those.
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 3:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• my son gets something similar often, it sounds like a yeast rash, try an anti fungal cream (yes same thing for jock itch, get it at CVS or walgreens) and if it IS yeast you will notice a difference in just a few hours/overnight...
    XxPixiesworldxX

Answer by XxPixiesworldxX at 9:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2010