no appitite after pregnancy???

i delivered a month ago. now i've always been skinny and athletic but also been able to eat a lot. after giving birth my appetite vanished. the first few days after i got home i just wouldn't feel hungry and i'd go til nighttime and realize i forgot to eat. this has been going on for a full month. also when i do eat i can't eat much. my husband made me 2 eggs for lunch and i could barely finish one and i was full. i got my body back almost instantly so i can't afford to lose weight. what's causing this? i'm not depressed. i feel great, i went on a 3 mile hike today and was fine with that half egg in my system. has this happened to anyone and how long did it last? i miss food!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• Never heard of that happening. Maybe you are on some meds that are causing it or perhaps have some other medical issue that is underlying. I would contact my dr.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• no meds. as far as i know i'm in perfect health. it happened right after my daughter came out. complication free pregnancy and birth btw
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Ya know, every one of my friends who had kids said after they delivered they ate like a pig and wanted EVERYTHING .. and I was not like that.
    I honestly don't think I ate dinner the day I had DD. I'm still like that now. On the weekends, I forget to eat and I'm okay with it. I'm like a kid "I won't starve myself, so I eat when I'm hungry". LOL.
    Ask your doctor about it though. My appetite came back a little bit mostly from having DD on a regular schedule and she will eat only when I eat with her. I don't eat a lot of food at a sitting, but I eat until I'm full.
    I did NOT go back to normal weight, I still have an extra 30 lbs.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Within 2 weeks of having my last one I was 8 lbs under my prepregnancy weight - and I wasn't overweight to begin with!! I was like you, just not hungry. It slowly started to come back, 7 weeks after having her my appetite is average but still not where it used to be. I would give it another couple weeks and if it doesn't regulate by the time you have your 6 week checkup with your OB, mention it to her/him.

Answer by missanc at 9:07 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I would talk do your doc at your 6 wk appointment. If you are starting to lose weight try eating small meals or nibble on something, while you feed your child. Or get some of that weight gainer.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2010