My first pregnancy

When I was pregnant with my dd, I knew I was having a girl!! Everyone said no, you cant know, i bought things and had most everything set up before I knew, and it was a girl. this time im not so sure, I thought boy first, but now im almost positive its a girl again! Has anyone else KNOWN the sex before seeing it on the ultra sound!?

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I knew it, with both of mine. but I was way too paranoid that it was just wishful thinking so I didnt go out and buy anything lol. but I knew both times it was a girl and I was right!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yup! I was right both times too. When I was pg the 1st time. I knew that I was having a boy. The 2nd time. I knew that I was having a girl. I was right.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i was wrong the first time. right the second time, and this time have no kinda feeling either way.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Honestly... its a 50/50 chance!! So its not like its a huge accomplishment to just "know what I'm having" and be right. My mom drives me crazy with guessing what we always were expecting and then be so "I am always right" attitude - UGH! Although - typically I'm usually wrong!

But with my first - I "knew" girl - she was a girl.
    My 2nd - I 'knew' girl - wrong... boy
    my 3rd - i 'knew' boy - wrong again - girl.

1 out of 3 isn't bad.... I guess, lol!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 11:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Nope! I was wrong with my son. I actually wanted a boy but I thought it was a girl. I probably convinced myself it was a girl to make sure I was just as happy either way. I grew up with all sisters and it's so nice to have a majority of males in the house!
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 11:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I knew I was having a boy. Everyone said I was having a girl..... I told them they were all liars.... I just knew.... I didn't even come up with a girls name or look at anything for a girl.... :)
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 11:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I make it a point NOT to guess because I don't want to get my hopes up. But I find it interesting that my coworkers, friends and family are always all right!!!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I tried not to guess, but I just felt like I had a boy in me. It was subconscious to begin with, I would find myself referring to the baby as "he" and always dreaming that it was a boy. Sure enough, it was!

My mom had four kids, 3 boys and a girl, and she knew each time (never had an ultrasound). I heard of an OB that believes a woman's intuition in the first trimester is more accurate than ultrasound. From the answers above, though, I'm not so sure!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I felt like i was going to have a boy. i kept calling him a boy even bought bot clothes before my ultrasound, where thay can tell u the sex. Turns out I was right as far as I know ne way. i'm due in 9 weeks, but all of my utltrasounds show boy parts. I think its mothers intuition. But I would still get the ultrasound just to be sure.
    csmomma2010

Answer by csmomma2010 at 2:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I had strong feelings of my child being a boy from the moment I found out I was pregnant....And 12 weeks later we found out it was a boy!! We definitely didn't go buy anything but I think a lot of times mothers know. All the old wives tales people told me were all wrong in my case!
    genuinelyblessd

Answer by genuinelyblessd at 12:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010