My husband wants to ask a question...

His opinions and beliefs are not mine. He have separate thoughts, so please leave me out of this.

He wants to know how it makes sense that the considering that the Earth is about 6,000 years old according Creationism that the dinosaurs were here 230 million years ago? How does that work?

He says, "Did God create the earth out of dinosaur fossils from somewhere else? Were the just floating through space?" Lol. (I have to laugh at his sarcasm.)

He says that we saw fossils at the Children's Museum that were 100's of millions of years old, so how was the Earth created 6,000 years ago?

Like I said, I think he's being a smartass, and it kinda irritates me, but he wanted to ask, so I said okay. He still rambling and doesn't know that I'm done asking the question. :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Religious Debate

• FWIW, I know this has come up before in the pre-voting regular R&B section. If you try searching for it, I know there were some pretty involved answers back then from people who don't really post here at all anymore. I'll withhold any judgment on the accuracy or entertainment value of those answers beyond the suggestion :p
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I once read a pamphlet on this actually! My sister went to bible college and I found it in her dorm room on a visit, lol. It said something about how they believed the carbon dating was wrong since there is no way to tell if it's accurate over that long of a time because science hasn't been observing it long enough to tell or something like that. There was also something about different conditions and events altering results on carbon dating. I'm not really convinced, but I believe it was in that sort of genre.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 11:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Let's discuss the matter at hand. Every conversation has been had, I know that. Thank you.

That would require me staying awake, paying attention to anything you say, and arguing something I can't stop laughing long enough to explain (there, tell him to go shove that somewhere :p )
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Lol. Well I don't know that I or anyone else on this Earth knows the answer for sure.....who knows, maybe God put them there to throw us off bc he knew we would want to investigate and thought it would be funny to confuse us. HAHAHA. Tell him you are done asking the question. lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I always wonder why people never question the dating methods that say things are millions of years old. No, he's right, if we believed that was true, we would not believe the earth was only 6,000 years old!

I understand that the whole dating system is kind of a mystery when it comes to the debate between young-earth creationists and others. Personally, I don't care what "proof" anyone has. I believe the Bible.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• ok Im going to through something out there. I toss this back and forth from time to time... but what if... the earth IS as old as carbon dating says but life on earth is not that old. Ill tell you why I say this.
    The Creation
    1In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2The earth was [a]formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was [b]moving over the surface of the waters.3Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.5God called the light day, and the darkness He called night And there was evening and there was morning, one day. 6Then God said, "Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters. continued....
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• 7God made the [c]expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so.8God called the expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.

We do not know for sure how long the day was before there was an evening and a morning. However in Psalms it says there is a thousand yrs in a day and a day in a thousand yrs. To God ONE day is a thousand years to us so that would throw that theory out the window as the earth being older than 6 thousand yrs .
    Thats why I toss it back and forth :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• what kisses4henry said. also, if he really wants to know, tell him to read Answers in Genesis.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/does-c14-disprove-the-bible

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/what-happened-to-the-dinosaurs

these are 2 of the chapters he can read. if he wants to read the whole thing without having to buy it or look for it in the library, he can read it all right here:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Your husband sounds awesome. I agree with everything he has said.
    katrinad

Answer by katrinad at 11:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Haha, I couldn't tell ya, I don't believe in the "young earth" theories. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010