Has anyone personally had a External Version performed?

I just want to know from personal experience how it went & how painful. Pretty much the whole shabang ! I'm working with a breeched babygirl & they are looking to schedule one. I know the risks, but I just want to know how other moms felt during the whole thing.

TifaniRLB

Asked by TifaniRLB at 11:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• an external what? I have no idea what you are even asking
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Is that where they try turning the baby around?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My DIL was going to have the external version but then in the last few weeks, before she went in labor, her baby turned by herself.
    They do say it can be painful and dangerous so be sure you discuss it with your Doctor and get the real story. I think they can advise some postures,positions to help the baby turn on its own. Knee-chest position---you LIE ON THE FLOOR,FACE DOWN WITH YOUR BUTT UP IN THE AIR. :-). Google it...you might find some help there.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yeah I have googled, I just want personal experience opinions ... to know how it felt. I know of all those ways to try & turn naturally, but to be able 2 speak w. someone who has undergone the procedure would be of a bigger help on a emotional level
    TifaniRLB

Comment by TifaniRLB (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Its when they turn the baby around from a breech position.
    TifaniRLB

Comment by TifaniRLB (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Okay....just trying to offer a litte help. But I guess it wasn't much help/ :-(
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I didn't need one, but throughout my pregnancy DD would twist sideways and stick her feet way back in my kidney and out the side. My midwife would stroke my side and then the baby would move. It didn't hurt and it didn't damage anything. I had a completely perfect birth.

It is dependent in the skill of the person working with you and hour baby. And the version might work but then the baby can flip ten minutes later.

Best of luck and health to you both!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:27 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Thank you all.
    TifaniRLB

Comment by TifaniRLB (original poster) at 3:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2010