will i have enough milk

i have not nursed in 2days or pumped will i still be able to feed

kat116

Asked by kat116 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Probably if you start up again right away. Sounds hellish though, aren't you uncomfortable?
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Are you engorged?
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Why have you not nursed? It seems to me tha tyou would be engorged and in pain.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• the doctor said it was my milk making him sick but he is still sick so i wanted to get right back to it i started pumping about 4 this afternoon but im only getting about a 1oz at a time every 2 hours
    kat116

Comment by kat116 (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• So, your saying your milk makes him sick..... but your still going to give it to you even tho it makes him sick???
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 11:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i dont think its my milk because the formual is doing the samething.the are going to send him to see a stomach doctor
    kat116

Comment by kat116 (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It's unlikely that it's your milk making him sick, and if you don't think it is, it's probably not. Just keep pumping and nursing. It will come back.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• about how long i was getting almost 6oz at a time
    kat116

Comment by kat116 (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• it might take some time and sore nipples but you should be able to get back to a routine. Especially if your baby is a good nurser. I quit for a few days because my nipples were badly cracked- she was not latching correctly. While I healed I kept trying to hand express milk so I could be sure I was producing something.
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would think you will need to keep it up regularly for at least several days to get back up to speed?
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2010