Oay so this is really important!!!! (about killing bugs)

Okay so I have a ton of gnats in my housebecause its blazing hot outside all summer, we have terrible windows that let them in, they come up from the garage as well and we get a lot from having fresh fruit out too. Anyways, so I don't know how to get rid of them, tried everything! And I have people coming over sometime this week and I don't want them to get offended. They're in every room! I tried the fly paper stuff they makes them stick but it doesn't catch all of them. I tried vacuuming them too. I don't want to spray bug stuff because dh has allergies, I do too + asthma and we hve babies. So please help!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Try putting a dish out of apple cider vinegar - they are attracted to it and drown. Also don't water the house plants too often, because they breed in the soil. Let the soil dry out in between waterings.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Definitely apple cider vinegar, but you need to put a couple drops of dish soap in it too (the cider vinegar attracts them, the soap drowns them).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• First u need to put your fresh fruit in the refrigerator or wrap them up really good so they can't get in. Wash ur dishes or put them in the dishwasher and pour clorox or boiling hot water down the sink. And set some apple cider vinegar traps with a lil bit of that orange dawn soap!! Worked wonder for me!! An make sure theirs no food or beverages sittin around the house esp soda because they can reproduce in them!! Good luck lady
    mUstBdeStiny08

Answer by mUstBdeStiny08 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• A bowl of vinegar with cling wrap over top with small holes poked in the cling wrap. You can also use something to attract them like a piece of fruit in a small cup with some Dawn liquid soap. I Googled How to kill Gnats and this is what showed up on eHow.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Would the apple vinegar/dish soap work on ants too,I wonder?
    CBMMOM

Answer by CBMMOM at 11:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Bleach all of your drains. Put bread and fruits in the fridge, and wipe down surfaces. Take out trash daily, and no dirty dishes in the sink or dishwasher. Also make sure you keep your drains covered. All this plus the cider vinegar and Dawn soap that people have mentioned should help a lot. I've also heard spraying down the counters with Avon's Skin So Soft works too but I've never tried it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:18 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I agree with the apple cider vinegar
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2010