I should be happy about this right?

My mother planned a surprise baby shower for me but had to tell me since somethings came up. Anyway, none of my friends are invited (she doesnt like them) so theyre all her friends and some dont even like me. My mother isnt one to do nice things for others like this... especially me whos been at the bottom of her list since i can remember so I think I should at least be happy she did something right?

ShadowXX

Asked by ShadowXX at 11:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Happy? i'm not sure if that would be the right word- maybe, Appreciative- I think she should of done what would make you Happy & Invite your friends whether she likes them or not but, just try to make the Best out of it & hopefully, everything will turn out great & you will get some really Cute things- You could always have another shower & Invite Anyone you want! Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• sounds a bit like the baby shower my MIL threw for me - excuse to gather with her friends and show "what a great MIL" she is because they just think it's so sweet! UGH!

*hugs* Grin and bear it and gratefully accept the gifts!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• well, I agree maybe appreciative would be better. Just think, you will get some great items for the baby.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Considering how you and your mother get along, you should be thankful that you are getting a baby shower. At least she acknowledges that you are pregnant to her friends, so she must be happy that she going to be a Grandmother. Be grateful.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:00 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• sounds like shes doing it for her so she can say she did it. i wouldn't be happy
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I wouldn't be happy either. It sounds like she's doing it to show off and be like "Look at what a great person I am." Dang, shadowXX, my mom and yours have waay too much in common lol. Regardless I wouldn't turn away the free gifts. I'm sure one of your friends will be willing to throw you a real one.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would just invite my 2-3 closest friends. If she mentions it, say something like "I knew you didnt want to spoil the surprise by getting their addresses but I know you wanted them there as much as I did."
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:19 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Honey...This sounds horrible but I say take advantage and stock up on some Baby Gifts especially if you don't have a very good relationship with your mother. Sounds like she wants everyone to think she is such a great person...I say just put a smile on your face and open those presents!
    genuinelyblessd

Answer by genuinelyblessd at 12:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010