STRANGER?!?

Me and my boyfriend were excited and actually planned our first child together,but now that I'm actually pregnant his interest in our child and myself has diminished greatly.What's really going on?

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• He's just freaking out a little! give him time. He'll be okay. Reality is just setting in! Talk to him about it. Be understanding of his fears. Share some fears of your own. He'll come around.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• That makes sense but the way he acts is rude and hurtful like he wants the child but doesn't want to hear or talk about him/her until its conveinent to him.
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• he's probably freaked out! My HUSBAND did the same thing after trying for 5 years and months and months of fertility treatments, timed intercourse, and semen samples... He acted completely ambivalent! it infuriated me. but once she got here, he's completely wrapped!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 6:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Reality is sinking in, sometimes it takes the guys a little longer than the girls to adjust. Involve him in your appointments, have him hear the heartbeat, see the baby in the ultrasounds, eat the yummy food you are craving together, attend childbirth classes and hospital tours. It will all be real enough!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 7:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Thanks catholicmamamia that helps a lot.I've been doing a lot of the planning alone because he works a lot so I'll start involving him more often and see if that helps!thanks girl!
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2008