how do i cope with seperation anxiety?

I'm 19 and my daughter angelli is 6 months! Her father and I r young and still live with r parents, I have ang majority of the time but when she goes to her fathers for the night I get very worried and my big problem is that if he doesn't answer the phone the first time I call I start to think the worst! I have terrible thoughts that she's hurt or worse and he's asleep and doesn't no wut hapened! I get so upset and worried that I put myslef into a panic and burst into tears thinking the worst has happened to my baby! How do I deal with that so I don't assume the worst rite away?

angsmommy

Asked by angsmommy at 11:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when my daughter was a few days old i let my sister take her for the night. i thought i was ok with it til i was lying in bed with my fiance, pictured her face and just cried my eyes out cause i missed he. i wasn't worried but its hard for moms to be away from their babies. you need to trust that your daughter is safe and if you can't trust she's safe file for full custody
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Just learn to trust he has his parents around to help him.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i would also be freaking out...if yall are still together why couldnt you sleep over or vice versa..i mean really you have already had a baby...and i dont know that i would trust his parents either...best wishes too you..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• you could talk to your doctor and see if you can get something for anxiety.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:36 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Simple. Stop letting him take her overnight. You're having a normal reaction here because babies aren't meant to be separated from mom. It's also best for young children to have a consistent home and place to sleep... going back and forth with babies and toddlers isn't always good for them developmentally. They're building trust and learning security right now and it's best to have consistence with who puts them to bed and comforts them in the middle on the night. Just wait until SHES got separation anxiety.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2010