How does someone even do this???

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/aug/31/multi-casualty-traffic-collision-reported-in/

Link from my local paper. A tow truck driver, arrested for driving under the influence of drugs, hit a young mother who was crossing a street in the crosswalk with a green light and drove away - before being flagged down and stopped by other drivers. When he was stopped, the woman's stroller was tangled in his axle, with her 3 year old and one year old still inside.

He dragged those children UNDER HIS TRUCK for 1/4 of a mile! Now, they are in the hospital in critical condition. Some witnesses to the accident say he stopped and saw he hit the woman, then fled the scene.

Oh, this makes me so ANGRY! How can someone do something this.... vile????

geminilove

Asked by geminilove at 11:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope those kids will be okay they need to throw that guy under the jail.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• he doesnt have a care in the world for anyone not even himself..
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I dont even begin to know what I would do if that was my children. I know that if it was me he would be lucky the police and fire department got there fast. Cause I would be beating him till they got there, and then the police would have to drag me off. Then the medical team could fix him up so I could go in for round two. I hope he goes away for a loooooooong time! I will pray for the babies cause to me all children no matter if they are a teen are babies. I bumped you and hope others do to so we can all pray for them. The closest that I have bee to this my son was two and the cross walk said walk and his dad yelled GO GO GO GO and I was like no wait (I was pushing his baby sister) I looked out and as my son ran out this stupid BI**H was turning and fast. (she was on her cell phone) I screamed a scream I never want to ever, ever, ever do again she slammed on her brakes and came inches from hitting him. I shook for hours.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:14 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I cant even imagine what the momma is going through... I hope he goes away for life because the mom and family of those babies will remember it for the rest of theirs and he needs to pay!!!
    liltxnchic

Answer by liltxnchic at 12:18 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• That is so fucked up. I'm so pissed,
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:16 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• This guy is defective ~ he doesn't care because he doesn't have to. Our laws don't 'punish' scum like him. Our laws say we have to be careful not to hurt his poor little feelies or stomp on his rights ... and we must understand scum and pamper it.

The only ones who have to pay or be hurt are victims under today's bowl of legal loopholes.

I'll be praying for the babies and those who love them.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Agreed farmlady..wow what a POS this guy..

agriffin that must have been so scary for you..glad your son is ok
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:43 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I couldn't acess the link, no copy and paste, but going off what you said, that is horrible! I'm surprised the other drivers who flagged him down didn't beat the shit out of him. He needs to be tossed under a truck and drug for a while!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• UPDATED LINK: http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/aug/31/multi-casualty-traffic-collision-reported-in/?partner=popular

(That happens when my local paper changes the headline, unfortunately.)

The driver has a previous criminal record, including making a terrorist threat and was apparently found DUI at the scene. Reading the comments on the page, I get sicker and more sad. One guy who posted actually helped stop this guy and check on the kids until paramedics arrived. I went home last night and hugged my sons SOOOO tight.
    geminilove

Comment by geminilove (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010