my amniotic fluid went from 13 to 6 in 2 weeks

im 36wks pregnant today and my dr. called and told me i have to go for the fetal non stress test now every monday and friday and come see him every wed. this pregnancy hasnt been easy. out of 7 other pregnancys i have one child. so ive been on bedrest the whole time. but angel grace is only messuring 32wks and my amniotic fluid dropped from 13 to 6 in 2 weeks. i know it regenerates itself and everything but i drink constantly and am on complete bed rest. i dont know what to do and im rfeaking out. i got the shots to make her lugs good and she weight 4lbs 8oz but shes not growing cuz the cord is pinched and now the fluid thing. anyone have advice? or anything that might make me feel better thank you

momtimes2girls

Asked by momtimes2girls at 11:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would ask my dr for an induction..the very same exact thing happened to me only i was 29wks...if my dd hadnt been delivered i would of lost her..she was 2lbs 1oz and was starving! I was so close to losing her...I count my blessing daily luckily my dr knew she would be better off in the nicu...prayers for you momma
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• thank you so much. jorjiegirl
    momtimes2girls

Comment by momtimes2girls (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• you are very very welcome..i can tell you that sitting and worrying of this will only make things worse..take it from someone who has been there its horrible worrying and it made my bloodpressure go threw the rooof...try to stay calm and focused!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I would definitely ask for an induction especially given your history. We have amazing technology now that means your baby could be better off in a NICU ready or not.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:16 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I was induced because fluid was low and DS was just fine. Be calm and know you and baby will be just fine.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:18 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Definitely, I think that you are at a good point in your pregnancy to be induced. 4 pnds is not perfect yet, but is ok. My friend had a 4 1/2 pound perfectly healthy baby. She is not growing because of the pinched cord, so she needs to come out to get nourishment.
    Hartbrayka

Answer by Hartbrayka at 12:19 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I agree with the others. You should ask for an induction. I have never had this happen, but I myself was a preemie and only weighed 4lbs at birth. I was in the hospital 7 days and then went home. I believe it is the safest option for your baby. GL and I hope everything turns out ok.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• best bet will probably be to deliver her soon so she can get the right nutrician....and it sounds like thats what your doc is planning considering he gave you the steriod shots for babys lungs. get ready for a premie.....you need smaller clothes and diapers. and just be prepared. my friend carissa had a baby girl that only weighed 4 lbs and they expected nicu but she came out perfect. just small. she went home at 3 days. it will be ok. dont stress. listen to your doctor and do whatever he recomends.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:22 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• thank you all!! i go see him at 10:45am so im going to bring this up to him. thank you all so much. i was just confused as to what to do and scared. so thank you.
    momtimes2girls

Comment by momtimes2girls (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2010