Am I a bad mother to want some alone time?

Being a single mother (student not working -_-) I stay home all day every day with my girls, and dont get me wrong I love them but is it bad if I think of ways I can get out of the house alone sometimes? Sometimes I even plan on just going out with my olderst (3yr old) and leaving my almost 2yr old with her other grandma (dads side). Somedays I just want 30 minutes so I can take my shower without rushing like I normally do. I wait until theyre both asleep and shower (for less than ten minutes) with the door open just incase. My mother says I have to deal with it since im single and makes me feel horrible for having these thoughts. (as i said in another question, she doesnt watch them.. no wait yes shell watch one once a week sometimes for less than an hour while im in the docs office. the other goes in with me) What do you guys think?

and before u ask about school, i do my work at home and turn it in once a week ^_^

ShadowXX

Asked by ShadowXX at 12:07 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• As long as you are not neglecting their needs it does not make you a horrible Mother....we all need some alone time and when we have children, and other things in our lives, we just do not find time for them so we have to create our few moments and balance everything out in our life....it helps to maintain our sanity ; )

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No. We all want time to ourselves. doesn't make us bad parents. It only makes us human.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• wow you are really stuck...maybe you could get aide threw ss and get daycare so that you could get that alone time..sometimes they will pay it for free, or the fathers child support will have to take care of it..sometimes ss can add it in seperate from child support especailly if you are going to school
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• of course not
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• no you're totally not a bad mom for wanting alone time!! i want alone time!! i don't get it either.... all moms want alone time at some point!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You DO need time to yourself. It is not very nice that your Mom doesn't help or at least try to sympathize. I hope you can get some peace and quiet and "ME time", It is good for you. Good luck..
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Nope... You are a NORMAL mom. WE all love our kids, we all would like to pee all by ourselves again... just once or twice. :p We all want to eat a nice dinner without someone throwing their peas on the floor or feeding them to the dog. Find some alone time... It really is a perfectly normal wonderful thing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Time alone is a necessity in order to keep your sanity! You deserve to have some alone time. We all do.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• wanting some time? no, nothing wrong with that

expecting others to watch your kids so you can actually have the time? Sorry but I don't think you should expect that from anyone. If they offer, sure that's nice, but not required.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think All Mommy's need some Me Time Every now & then! Your feelings are very normal- i hope you get some time to yourself soon!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2010