Should I let my 20 month old go away to Fl. for a week with grandma?

I have only been away from my oaughter for 1 night ever! My mom wants to take her to disney, seaworld ect ... and visit family. I don't know if i should let her go.I am going to miss her so much.Hubby and I could use some time together

kellyandliz

Asked by kellyandliz at 4:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Travel

• Yes, if grandma is responsible and can be trusted. Yes, yes and yes...we can all use a break sometimes...go for it! She will have a ball and sooooo will you. LOL
    Anonymous

• Leaving my kids someplace to have a break is one thing, but allowing them to go someplace fun like that without me is another. It would tear me apart to miss out on a big thing like Disney World with my kids. I'd want to be there too. But that's me. If you're comfortable and you are sure grandma can be trusted with her life, then go for it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• If you trust the grandma I say let her go, You'll miss her but this is a great opportunity to get the rest you need. I'm sure your hubby will appreciate getting a little bit of the attention on him while the baby is gone.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 7:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• if you trust her, sure. but i'd put in a few overnight stays in there just so your child will know that even though she is leaving with granny she'll go back to mom. no one is gonna enjoy that trip if your daughter makes everyone miserable crying for mom.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• It sounds like it is a little too soon for you to let her go for a week. It will be much more fun a year from now when she is almost three. Ask grandma if that's possible. Another option would be for you to go with them. I felt like that myself when my children were little. My mother wanted to take my young daughter to Beauty and the Beast in NYC. I think she was five but I just wouldn't let her take her to the big city without me or my husband. She has since spent plenty of time in the city with her grandmother. When the time is right, you will let her go and that will be just the first of many times, Mama.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 3:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Thanks for all your answers! Grandma actually watches her every day while I am at work so I definetly trust her.My daughter is very close with her.I would LOVE to go but I just cant get the time off from work with such short notice....I have decided to let her go! Thanks for all your advise.
    kellyandliz

Answer by kellyandliz at 5:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• i understand that bc my daughter is around the same age, but i wouldnt just bc it's disney world isn't that something u want to all experience together, i certainly would. if it was simply visiting family then maybe i'd consider it for 4 or 5 days.
    laylasmama921

Answer by laylasmama921 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Being a grandma myself I say YES! My daughter lets me take my 7month old whenever I want..and believe me she is safe and cared for!
    wildangelc66

Answer by wildangelc66 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2008