has anyone ever used gripe water? how does it work? does it work well?

my 3 week old daughter is very fussy almost after every feeding especially late at night. it used to be just at night but now its happening during the day too. i have read that gripe water works well, but i have never used it. i used mylicon with my son and i have been using that for her too. can someone help?

ottosmommy06

Asked by ottosmommy06 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes it works wonders
    Angeedalet

Answer by Angeedalet at 6:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• my pediatrician told me not to use it, so I haven't.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 6:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• gripe water is awesome!
    just follow the dosing instructions for your baby's age and you should be just fine.
    if you are concerned, though i would check with your pediatrician first.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 7:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• It's wonderful!!!! Works great and you can get it at Walgreens. It's called Baby Bliss I think and it's by the rest of the baby stuff.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 7:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My daughter had colic from the first day she was born...the only way we could get her relieved was to carry her around...introduced gripe water...and I actually SLEPT and got to put her down. It's AMAZING!
    kellie0918

Answer by kellie0918 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My pediatrician acutally said it can be quite helpful and to try it.
    Mostly we used it to cure hiccups but we use it for upset tummys too. It works great.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Yes, it should work well, but imo gas relief drops work even better.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Just an FYI, only use it when you need to. We had the same problem with a very fussy infant, and I starting using it in every bottle, and it worked for two weeks, then she start getting real fussy again. My doctor told me to stop using the gripe water and she stopped being fussy instantly. We've never used it again. So I say use it, because it works, but be aware that at some point it could have an adverse reaction.
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 9:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• yes i used it the first four months of my babys life it works great i used it for her colic
    MOMofONE120507

Answer by MOMofONE120507 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2008