Help Please!

My 3.5 month old min pin is shaking, cant walk or even stand! He will drink a water then just lay there. All he can do is roll over on his side. Not making any sounds or anything at all.

Can this hurt my kids? I put them to bed and have washed my hands before and after even going around the puppy. The Vet wants 200$ up front to even look at him and the only other one out here wants 175$ unless I wait until morning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pets

• bump
    Spidermonkey531

Answer by Spidermonkey531 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• He may have Parvo. Kids can't get sick but puppies rarely survive without immediate treatment. Very contagious for other puppies who never got the vaccine also. try the Humane Society if you don't have the money.
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• He needs to be seen by the vet ASAP. You can get a credit line even without good credit, we had to get one when our dog had to have surgery. Ask your vet about the Care Credit Plan. They can ok it very quickly.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:58 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I agree with Sophia and Amelia. You can hunt around and find a vet that is less expensive, or ask for Care Credit. But the pup needs to be seen by a vet, if not then the will die.
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 4:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• We live in a really small town and cant get anything other then one of the 2 vets. I wasnt worried about money but didnt want to pay the extra just to have him put to sleep. We took him in anyway and now owe 265$ for a dead dog on my oldest sons birthday. He had hypothermia and no one knows how or why he got it because he is always inside but to potty and had a blanket and everything we were told to get. I guess his brain gave out from being so cold.

Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 7:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010