I want my kids to get a long

My kids are 11 and 4 basically their birthdays are very soon. The problem is my 4 year old doesnt get a long with her sister. She fights with her yells at her throws things and her at the end of the night wont even say i love you or good night. She is always telling her I dont love you or I dont like you. How can i help them get a long I dont want this going on for years to come

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• time will pass when she'll come around. i was the same way with my siblings, i hated them, wanted nothing to do with them...they did nothing to me to deserve it! but as i grew up I realized I did love them dearly, it was a attention seeking phase, i wanted more attention but couldnt get it with 4 big brothers
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 12:30 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My two are only 17 months apart and don't always get along. They used to be inseparable but annoying to each other. Now that they are teens it is almost like they can't stand each other. I actually lost a brother to a car accident and I just remind them that you never know when you are going to lose each other. I also remind them how much easier it would be for them if they were friendly to each other. Work each other to their advantage and so forth! Otherwise, all I can say is good luck and hopefully they will grow out of it.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Once your kids get older and can share more things in common it will change their relationship. I was the same way with my sister. We never got along as kids but closer to high school and after she went to college we started building a good relationship. Unfortunatly over the years we've grown apart again. But thats due to the fact that we lead such different lives and have nothing in common. I know it can be frustrating when your kids don't get along, but just give them time to.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 1, 2010