Do you prefer to go camping in a trailer, tent or the local hotel?

I would prefer under the stars in a sleeping bag but in Michigan it is almost impossible with out some type of protection from the mosquitoes! So a tent is my preference. I do know some people whose idea of camping mean taking a camper and parking it in the parking lot of the local hotel.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Travel

• We tent, though I would love a trailer of some sort. Not that I mind the tent, we have cots so we're up off the ground, it would just be nice to have everything packed in the trailer and ready to go rather than having to dig it all out of the basement and shed. Plus I know I'd get hubby out camping more if he had a bed to sleep in with all his aches and pains.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:45 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My idea of traveling is a hotel absolutely, but we have compromised to tent camp with a facility that has showers and restrooms available. That is good enough for me! Hopefully we'll be planning a camping trip in the near future again. Our 3 year old loved sleeping in the tent.
    FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 12:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I prefer a tent....but anymore, these days (age progression), my aching back prefers the trailer (pop-up camper).
    but we will be tenting it next month! (with a good air matress)
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• TENT TENT TENT TENT NOTHING LIKE THE GREAT OUTDOORS. p.s We need tents here in Alaska cause of the mosquitoes and other creepy crawly things
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• We go camping via a tent. We do not like those "parking lot" campsites. We like the dispersed areas - you know the one where your bathtub is the river and your potty is that bush behind those stack of trees. We took our 3 year old camping just last week and she loved it. Especially when she got to draw on the rocks with the burn end of a stick. We had a blast.
    kittymom

Answer by kittymom at 12:45 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• for "Camping" I prefer a tent with a double sleeping bag and maybe a bit of padding underneath.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I would choose, of those three, a trailer. It's a little rustic, but not so much that I can stay clean and have my fan on while I'm sleeping. :)

However, I can occasionally stop being a girly girl and camp in a tent as well. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• it isnt camping with a trailer. it ticks me off when people even perfer it "camping" . camping IS sleeping under the stars in a tent with nothing but a sleeping bag between you and the ground. not fully equiped house on wheels !
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 12:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• We love our tent trailer it provides the best of both world. We can have heat if we need to. We are up off the ground. Hot water if we need it. It makes it so easy to just leave because everything is always packed up. The grill and the stove are nice too.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My idea of roughing it is a hotel that doesn't have a pool. I've camped and it's just not my thing. My ex loved it, but I was miserable every trip. Maybe because he went fishing and played poker and I was stuck doing all actual work.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2010