Who gets the bats in your house when you have one visit? You or Your DH/SO??

My ex-husband was scared to death of bats. It was hilarious to see him screaming under a blanket! But I don't have to get the bats anymore, my SO gets them just fine.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 12:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband got one out of the house once, catching under a kitchen colander by the front door and putting it outside. It took time but it was hilarious as the cat saw it first and he had a lot of competition from puss as she wanted that bat so bad. . And she was far more nimble and determined than he was even though he triumphed in the end.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 2:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I've never had a bat in a house before. I would have to think my hubby would get it because he chases all the stuff out of our house for me. Stinks bugs, wolf spiders, and even daddy long legs don't stand a chance if I see them because I annoy him so bad to get it out of the house - dead or alive - I don't care as long as I don't have to see it anymore.
    FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I guess I am not from that part of the country... how in the world would you regularly get a bat in the house?

Do you need better windows/doors?
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• We haven't had a bat in the house, but we have had a squirrel! DH and I caught it together. :) It was epic.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:18 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Hmmmm I don't know. We do not have bats where we live but for some reason I think it will be me.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:32 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• thankfully I've never had any bat problems.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I have honestly never had a bat in my house. But I am sure it would be my job, I would never allow my DH to handle something like that...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My husband is just like your ex, such a baby...but I would be too. lol. We havent had it happen, but if it did I think he would man up and do it. If not, we live in an apartment and thats what maintnance men are for. Haha
    Casumael

Answer by Casumael at 12:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Never seen a live bat. But definitely if it happened, dh would be the one! We had a mouse in our old apt that was trapped in the wall and thank God out lease was up a few weeks later because I couldn't sleep at night!!!!! Dh kept telling me it could eat through and come into the house or have babies in there!!!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:36 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• my so wld probibly make me just so I would stop being a sissy. When I yell about spider he tells me all the time to be a woman,grow up, get over it! lol Or maybe hes scared of spidys to! But no bats in our house
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 12:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2010