Have you ever donated bone marrow?

I'm registered to. And this si soemthign I ahve done a lot of research and thinking about with my husband. He's not able to due to health reasons, but I want more than anything to. I believe everyone is here for a purpose, and I believe my purpose is to help people. I love to help people, whether it's volunteering for small arrunds, or doing something like this, donating bone marrow. But of all the research I've done, I've never heard the stories of other people who have donated. I have been told it's very painful, and a long process. But I'm still 100% sure I'm not backing out. it can't hurt me anymore than what the person who needs it is going through.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Health

• I haven't, but I strongly admire those who do.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:37 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I haven't but seen it on movies and tv and it looks very painful. I would do it in a heartbeat for dh or kids!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I haven't donated, but I am on the registry to donate. And I agree, whatever pain I would go through cannot begin to compare to whatever the person who would need my marrow has been through. I've been very lucky in my life to have my own health, find a loving wonderful husband who is my best friend, and three beautiful healthy kids, so if I can give a little back I will.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2010