Do you hunt? Deer hunt with SO or DH? Any of your kids?

Deer season (Bow Hunting) is approaching here in Michigan, starts October 1. I was wondering if any of you go hunting or not? Possibly with your SO or DH? I used to but not anymore. All of our teens have hunted at times. Depends on what else they have going on.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My hubby does! And I know just how to cook it too! I make great venison sausage and stroganoff. Deer hunting is very much a challenge. Beg to differ there! Sometimes those guys wait for hours to get a good shot. Seriously, deer hunting needs to happen out here in MN. They become a nuciance, and dangerous. There are tons of roadkill deer on the highways every day. I hit a deer that just came out of nowhere, completly totaled my car! They just shoot out in the road!! I see herds of them standing on the sides of major highways, just waiting to startle and run out and cause five car collisions.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:49 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I'm not going to carry on an argument with someone who refuses to see things any other way. But I will end my night with this, do you eat meat? Do you eat chicken, chicken eggs, dairy? Steak? Makeup? Is everything you use in your life animal product free? No leather at all? hmmmm? An animal is way different than a human. You are comparing apples and oranges and really don't know what you are talking about. I think you are being at tad dramatic. Don't move here, no one will listen to it. So now, I'm off to bed to dream of all the nice deer my hubby will bring home to feed our family for the entire winter and spring all for $30. Nighty nite!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:13 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Definitely not. We are vegetarians :-)
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Nope. I don't hunt.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No never have and cant stand the smell of deer meat cooking so I dnt eat sp no reason to hunt, My girls dad and grandparents do! But I have it in custody papers that they are not to go hunting or to use a gun. When they are of legal age they can then make the choice but will not raise them that way! Plus its hard to explain santas reindeer and hunting! Not against those who do I jst want my girls to not be raised like that!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 12:43 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No, but almost all the guys I knew in college did.
    If I had to only eat venison, I would turn into a vegetarian really quickly. Ugh.
    Nobody in my family has guns.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:43 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Nope. To me there is no challenge in hunting something that is unarmed.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:44 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Wow we should use that kind of logic when someone is caught driving drunk. They cause accidents too. Man's continuing intrusion into the territory of native animals results in things like those accidents. It doesn't mean they deserve to die.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Nope...not our kind of thing.
    I did grow up where deer meat was the staple food of our winter diet because my step-father hunted. We also raised our own pigs and chickens for meat, too. My mom knew how to cook the deer meat just right so it never tasted gamey or came out tough. I've tried other people's since then and it was just too nasty, so I don't eat it at all anymore.
    I still remember the days of seeing the deer carcass hanging from the tree being spread wide with bars, watching the slaughtering of the pigs, which I wrote a composition paper about in 4th grade and made my teacher sick...lol, and helping with plucking the chickens, which I hated.
    It was our way of life and no one faulted or judged us for it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:53 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I went once as a young girl in love with her boyfriend hunter. NEVER AGAIN!!
    Here are the rules; Wake up at the ass crack of dawn. Eat bean soup and corn bread for breakfast. No showering, they can smell soap. No perfume, no teeth brushing. No making noise of any kind. Hold your pee all day long, unless you can jungle pee in the woods. No moving around. Here hunting season is in Nov so freeze your tender vittles off... and the most important...NO FUN! Yeah, did I mention NEVER AGAIN?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010