Whats that pulse??

Hello...Im expecting for the first time...Im 19 weeks...And yesterday I started to feel a pretty strong pulse in my lower abdomen....It's not fast...Its pretty normal...But I can feel it when Im sitting or laying down....I've been told it might be the babies heart beat...But I've also been told that you'll never feel the heartbeat...So I dont know what that is...Could someone tell me...And tell me why its doing that....Thank you

JennaRosa03

Asked by JennaRosa03 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• baby's heartbeat is pretty fast

if it's slower, that' yours. probably baby pressing on a vein making you feel it more, kind of like when taking your pulse, the pressure on the vein makes it easier to feel.

could be baby having hiccups too though.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:43 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• If its not the heartbeat then you may be feeling lots of blood flowing or the amniotic fluid being swooshed around.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:44 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I would assume the placenta. Do you know where yours is located?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:01 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It's probably your placenta, like doulala said. Mine is in the front right part of my belly and I can always feel my heartbeat when I touch right there. Nothing to worry about, and definitely not baby's heartbeat.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 2:44 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I will be 20 weeks on Friday and experienced this same thing. My OB/GYN said that it was the placenta.
    genuinelyblessd

Answer by genuinelyblessd at 12:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010