How many of you mom's here have extended family members that are materialistic?

Do you have family members that put material things before the family?Do you not get invited to some family functions,because of your children?

villarreal76

Asked by villarreal76 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• Not that I am aware of. If someone didn't want me to come around because of my kids they could kiss my tookus! They wouldn't have to worry about me bringing my wonderful babies around them!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 6:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My sister and her kids are deliberately left off the invite list. Not only is she naturalistic, she will insult everything in your home because it's not top of the line and her 4 monsters will systematically break thing in your home, try and hand on towel bars, open soda can after soda can and even pour it on on the couches, floors and carpet and Sis wont even clean it up if you tell her. She says, i't your hovel, you clean it up. So "Psycho" and her ignorant kids are NOT EVER invited.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Oh yheah, most of my family is very materialistic. They think that money makes life happy. It might make lide easier, but not any happier.
    xmen_mom

Answer by xmen_mom at 8:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• OMG thanks for asking this! My SIL has to bring up the price she paid for everything from her home on down to her Q-tips. I find it shallow, concieted, and so friggin annoying I cannot begin to explain it. I think she is insecure and a walking idenity crisis. Pisses me off that we cannot have one stinkin conversation without her bringing up the fact that she paid this for that. Major pathetic!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2008