My husband has cheated more then once on me and swore that it was the last time, I know the answer that I need to leave him but is there life after this?

We have been together 17 years, married for 8 and in the first part of our relationship he cheated on me 1 time that I caught him, Well now it is non stop- I know I need to leave why do i feel so helpess? Why do I want him to get help? Us to get help? I feel so LOST!

honestey

Asked by honestey at 12:50 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• You probably want to stay cause you have been together so long and you feel you will be alone if you do leave. Even if you leave and are alone you will be better off alone than with someone who shows no respect for you. You deserve a better life for yourself and I pray you will soon get up the courage to leave.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• After being together so long it makes sense that you would feel like there is help for him; but honey he doesnt treat you with the respect you obviously do him. You will survive without him. I know it seems hard but you will find someone that deserves to have you as his one and only! The only help for him right now is to lose a great woman such as yourself and kick himself in the a** for the rest of his life because of it!!
    liltxnchic

Answer by liltxnchic at 12:56 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Okay not to sound harsh...but maybe thats what you need to hear....LEAVE THE SOB! You don't need or deserve to be treated like this, you have given this man almost TWO decades of your life and what has he done? Throw it away, ruin it all, and HURT you! Get out now and take him for all he's worth LOL. I think you feel lost because this is a comfort thing, he is all you have known and understood for the last 17 years. It's scary to start over and not know what to expect from life. Maybe you will like having your own apartment, your own things and not having to clean up after him or deal with him at all.

This is a tough situation and I wish you the best of luck, be strong.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 12:56 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• That is really crappy of dh. Have you asked him to go to counseling? Does he seem truly sorry? Have you asked him why he does it? I would demand some answers and respect and if he can't do that then I would move on, hard as it may be.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• been there:-( i'm sorry...i feel for you
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 1:26 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Sorry, but yes there is life after this.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• In MY opinion, if you feel that there is something left to salvage in your marriage, you should try it. Think about seeing a marriage counselor so that you can work on these issues together.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:15 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Thank you so much for your answers. Yes, he has admitted he has a problem. He does not know why he does this, he wants the marriage and family and wife. He said he wants to seek help for himself and for our marriage. But is this because I finally said enouh is enough I am not going to allow you to do this to me anymore or our family. I am an emotional roller coaster. I do love him, but I also know that this is wrong and love dose not hurt. Love is suppose to be wonderful. I asked him if he would allow a man to treat his daughters like this he said no! Then I said why then can you treat me like this? And for my son I asked him would he be proud of what his actions may create for him? I think he knows that I am ready to leave with 5 kids and not him~
    honestey

Comment by honestey (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i would leave him if i were you. when was the last time you got your blood tested??? he is putting your life at RISK!! would you prefer stay with him and contract a disease like herpes/aids OR be alone but happy and healthy? hmmmm tough decision. i wish u and the kids all the best.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010