Anyone have pvcs (irregular heart beats) during pregnancy and still be ok to have more children?

Having LOTS of them now , only 20 weeks. Wondering if it's standard to be advised not to have more babies after something like this. Not my first pregnancy but never had this before!

Leta V.

Asked by Leta V. at 12:53 AM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't get irregular heart beats, but I do go get rapid heart rates. The best thing you can do is to talk to your doctor about it. I am going to guess that you are seeing a specialist for the heart condition. He/she would be a good person to talk to about your concerns.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:56 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Everyone has PVC's, but some of us have more than normal. I have always had more, but have never had to have any treatment. I have also never been advised to not get pregnant because of it. My cardiologist has never been very concerned about them.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:00 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• By the way...I'm 31 weeks pregnant and this is my 5th pregnancy.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I have been diagnosed in the past with MVP (mitral valve prolapse) and an irregular heart beat. During my pregnancy it was not a major concern for my OBGYN. He kept it on file and had me check with a cardiologist during my 3rd trimester to make sure I was healthy and good for labor & delivery.. but that was it. He never said anything about no future children. I plan on having another soon.. if my body would hurry up and get pregnant! :-)
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 1:04 AM on Sep. 1, 2010